Saying goodbye to a key part of the urban landcape over the last 50+ years…
Check out the video of the Reinvent Payphones Information Session held on January 23, 2013. City officials from eight agencies answered participants’ questions ranging from redesigning public space, to providing amenities in City parks, to integrating with transportation furniture. Here are some key takeaways:
- Think about how the city could provide new services, useful information, and communications technology while sustaining current revenues.
- Ensure prototypes are future-focused; consider the rapid pace of technological change.
Submit your prototype at nyc.gov/reinventpayphones before 9AM EST on February 18, 2013 and you could help shape the future of New York City’s streets. Competition judges will select up to 15 semi-finalists to present at the Reinvent Payphones demo day on Tuesday, March 5, 2013.
- matthurst reblogged this from nycdigital and added:
- leather-studded-heart likes this
- opendataottawa reblogged this from nycdigital
- hellothisisbrandon likes this
- the-stig likes this
- ap1pel reblogged this from nycdigital
- thetrueartistknownasromeo likes this
- nycdigital reblogged this from nycdoitt
- nycdoitt posted this